canberrabirds

White fronted chat

To: <>
Subject: White fronted chat
From: "Eric Wenger" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 19:43:15 +1000
Hello Philip,
The white fronted chat photos were sent in an earlier email.
However, in that email I mentioned which birds were around at the same time.
These included what I thought (after listening to some recordings at home)
sounded like a rufous songlark.  However, we never managed to spot the bird
that was singing.  Geoffrey thought it was a bit early for a songlark and
queried whether it might have been a skylark and if I had any photos of this
bird as well to verify.  Not having spotted the bird we didn't.  The only
one remotely resembling a skylark that we had was the picture in the photo
you've just seen - but pipits make a different call to the one we heard.

The real purpose of my original email was the white fronted chat and it
seems to have got lost in the side issue!!  Oh well.
Caroline