canberrabirds

Pt Hut Pond

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Pt Hut Pond
From: Bruce Ramsay <>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:49:46 +1000
Esme and I are not long back from a stroll around Pt Hut Pond.

Plenty of people enjoying the weather. And a couple of interesting bird sights:

Black Swans with 2 still relatively small cygnets in tow. These are
actually about 3 weeks old now - I first saw them on 30 March when
they were definitely no more than 1 week old, and there were 3 of
them.

Pacific Black Duck with 9 very small ducklings - I'd guess only a day
or 2 old. Being eyed-off (and not in a friendly fashion) by 3 Purple
Swamphens, although the adult duck moved the brood away pretty smartly
every time one of the Swamphens moved in their direction.

Two small groups of Welcome Swallows (one of 8, one of 6). The group
of 6 also included a single Tree Martin.

Bruce