canberrabirds

This morning at Carwoola

To: COG List <>
Subject: This morning at Carwoola
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:51:33 +1000
While exercising the small dog in the top paddock this morning we were greeted by 12 Varied Sittellas dining in some young eucalypte.  They were attended by a gre fatail and several (they wouldn't stay still long enough to count) Buff-rumped Thornbills.  Calling nearby were a Scarlet Robin and a Western Gerygone.   Somewhat later an unnusual call turned out to be an adult Olive-backed Oriole.

No honeyeater movement, although a cool clear morning would have been ideal.  In fact, the last lot of Yellow-faced Honeyeaters I saw here (Tuesday I think) were innovating by heading West rather than SE!

Martin