canberrabirds

Honeyeater migration

To: <>
Subject: Honeyeater migration
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 00:32:46 +1000
Not sure if this is an invitation to be a "me too-er" but I had about 60 YfH pass over my house when I was hanging out the washing today. This was in two flocks and I think I can reasonably say as the two flocks passed through in less than the time it would take to travel 200 metres and this was directly over, that this would be about the number simultaneously present in the GBS Site. They were accompanied by one White-eared Honeyeater.

Having been home all weekend, I also went out to Kambah Pool late on Monday (5:20 to 6:10 p.m.) and amongst not much else, there were about ten Dusky Woodswallows perching on the big power lines that cross high over the Murrumbidgee river.