canberrabirds

Japanese Birding: Part 2 -- (Long)

To: "'Tobias Hayashi'" <>
Subject: Japanese Birding: Part 2 -- (Long)
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 17:10:19 +1100
Hi Tobias,

That is a lovely photo of a cute bird. It shows the underparts as almost bright orange. The one book I have: Mark Brazil's Birds of East Asia shows that as an almost chestnut - dark red. Nowhere near as pretty as your photo. Maybe that is part of the variation. I don't know. I missed that one in China last year, but the tits are very pretty.