canberrabirds

Bees or Wasps? and BOCG on TV

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Bees or Wasps? and BOCG on TV
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:57:30 +1100
Hard to imagine these would not be wasps. Win TV news tonight had a bit about the European Wasp and their occurrence here. Made the point that there have not been any recorded fatalities (I'm not sure if that is ACT or all of Australia). They have killed some dogs. A sting in the mouth appears to be the biggest risk and this can happen from eating or drinking something that the wasp is on, without noticing it. Such as drinking from a drink can that a wasp has gone in without being noticed.

That was just before or after the bit about the launch of BoCG2 at ANBG today, that showed about 2 seconds of Paul Fennell with the book, 5 seconds of the book and a bit more about Jon Stanhope talking about cats, filmed just outside the venue. Curious that they took the link to cats as the main focus of the story.