canberrabirds

Wedge-tailed Eagle over Hughes & GBS interpretation

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Wedge-tailed Eagle over Hughes & GBS interpretation
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 06:43:06 +1100
Philip explains the situation well.

The comment I would add is that by having a broad definition of the birds to be included in the input it is possible to narrow the range of species included in output.  Thus if an analyst wishes to exclude wedgetails and swifts that is easily done.  If however a tight definition is applied, such as only including birds which perch (however briefly) in the site, the information about the birds which do not make the pause cannot be added in.

WRT to the breeding Wedgetails Philip is quite correct to identify this as a record of "display".  The record comes from year 19.

Martin