canberrabirds

Pied Currawong Markings

To: "'Frank Antram'" <>, "'Tun Pin ONG'" <>, "'Bruce Ramsay'" <>
Subject: Pied Currawong Markings
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:21:05 +1100
Hi Frank,

Yes all fair comments. Actually HANZAB (page 552) tells us that the base
of the tail feathers is also white (as well as the tips or near tips of
the rump feathers, although that does not appear to be explained
properly and the pictures in HANZAB do not help). So what we get is
contributed by two groups of feathers. It is not that unusual to have
that sort of arrangement.