canberrabirds

that Wotsit digression

To: <>
Subject: that Wotsit digression
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 13:03:29 +1100

As below, Steve got it pretty quickly.   Also Tobias and Philip.

Try photographing these in flight and you (or at any rate I) can expect a Wotsit count above 90%.

WBSs.jpg

According to the invaluable Steve Wilson book, there were 3 records for the ACT to 1998 including 30 in 1971 at the Coppins Crossing – Uriarra Rd intersection (ie near the present Stromlo Forest Park).  With the number of keen observers now about I have a feeling we are due for another sighting or 2.