canberrabirds

Decisions re Removal of Street Trees

To: <>
Subject: Decisions re Removal of Street Trees
From: "Tony Lawson" <>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:00:57 +1100
Much concern has recently been expressed on this issue.

Some of you might be interested in a U3A course which starts next Tuesday -

U3A course - Managing our Tree Heritage - October 2009

     Date
    activity
    Speaker
    Topic

     13 Oct
    Talk
    Matthew Parker (TAMS)
    Canberra's Urban Forest Renewal Program@

     20 Oct
    Walk
    Steve Thomas & Jim Laity
    Assessing Trees@

     27 Oct
    Talk
    Richard Allen (Tree Prot Unit)
    Tree Protection on Leased Land in the ACT@

     3 Nov
    Public Holiday in ACT

     10 Nov
    Walk
    Adam Burgess
    Canberra International Arboretum*

     17 Nov
    Talk
    Lucy Sutherland (10 am)
    Managing the National Botanical Gardens (talk)**

     17 Nov
    Walk
    Warwick Wright (1.00 pm)
    Managing the National Botanical Gardens (walk)**

@meet at Hughes Community Centre at 10 am

* meeting place to be confirmed

** meet at Australian National Botanic Gardens

The course is organised by Tony Fearnside, the President of FACTA [Friends of ACT Arboreta]. His contact details are: 6288 7656 or . You could contact him if you would like to attend.

As you can see there will be talks by two of the people involved in decisions about our urban trees.

On a slightly related matter, on behalf of COG I will be going to a meeting next Tuesday about the renewal of the Lindsay Prior Arboretum (it is directly across the lake from Government House). If anyone has any bird related issues to raise vis a vis this not well known Arboretum please let me know.

Tony