canberrabirds

Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters - Murrumbidgee, Banded Lapwing - Braidwood

To: <>
Subject: Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters - Murrumbidgee, Banded Lapwing - Braidwood
From: Daniel Mantle <>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 23:12:42 +0100
Hi all

There was one Yellow-tufted Honeyeater on the slopes above the Murrumbidgee (east side of the river, 500m south of the Cotter Road bridge) yesterday evening. This follows on from seeing three Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters on my last walk at this spot two weeks ago.

There were also 20 Tree Martin along the Murrumbidgee yesterday - I presumed new arrivals.

Also of possible interest to birdos driving to the coast, Beth and I saw 12 Banded Lapwing in some fields along the Kings Highway near Braidwood. If travelling from Canberra the birds were in a field on the right hand side about 500m past the 30km to Braidwood sign. This was about three weeks ago - sorry for the slow response. [Not sure if sightings like this are of use to Damien Farine but I will certainly let him know when he is back in Canberra.]

Cheers Dan