canberrabirds

some Ainslie observations

To: "Steve Holliday" <>, <>
Subject: some Ainslie observations
From: "Jack and Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 21:55:36 +1000
Steve, some interesting sightings.

You might wonder whether the Rufous Whistler and the Grey Fantail have overwintered, or are among the first spring arrivals.  I favour the former (very little spring activity so far, at least in my patch) though others may disagree.  I did get a number of reports of the Grey Fantail for our winter birds bus trip on 19 July, and to my surprise we saw at least 3, possibly 4, one the day, the only ones I've seen this winter.

Jack Holland