canberrabirds

Automatic focussing binoculars

To: "canberra birds" <>
Subject: Automatic focussing binoculars
From: "Sharon Rusk" <>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:16:42 +1000
Hi! John.
 I have a pair of Nikon 7x50 Marine Binos which I believe are much the same thing. I used these when I first started twitching and because of their huge depth of  field are great from say 20 mts to 80 mts when set on O without focusing .  They do need re-focusing for anything further or closer requiring them to be set on + or - , the near focus on mine at least being app 8 mts away which isn't good in the bush.  I should add that these are getting long in the tooth and more modern sets maybe more suitable so it would be well worth finding out the specifications of these. I should mention that these were quite weighty also.
Cheers
Bob                                                       Original Message -----