canberrabirds

Brown Gerygone in Botanic Gardens

To: "'Jenny Bounds'" <>, "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Brown Gerygone in Botanic Gardens
From: "Phyl Goddard" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:12:11 +1000

Hi everyone

Further to the above, this note is to thank Jack and Jenny for all the work and skill they put into this particularly enjoyable day’s birdwatching for the lucky ones who made it.  Not only was the organization great and the weather perfect but they flushed out for us all the winter birds on their A-list for our area and a couple on the ‘specials’ list.  The highlights for me were the White-fronted Chats and Diamond Firetails so easily visible on a sun-drenched slope at Stromlo Forest Park and Crescent Honeyeaters on the ground at ANBG too close for binoculars.

These outings are excellent for new members as well as older long-time members who have lost some of their birding facility but who refuse to give up trying.  Both categories have a lot to learn from the above team.

Thank you, Jenny and Jack.

Cheers,

Phyl