canberrabirds

Re: Origma sighting at Bombaderry and Yellow -tufted HEs

To: "Denis Wilson" <>, "Canberra Birds" <>, "Elizabeth Compston" <>
Subject: Re: Origma sighting at Bombaderry and Yellow -tufted HEs
From: "Denis Wilson" <>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 19:00:16 +1000
Andrew Cockburn sent me this reply off forum, re Origma sighting.
I am publishing it (below) as it gave me the confidence to report suspected Yellow-tufted Honeyeaters as being in the Bombaderry Creek in good numbers.

Hi Denis

They (Origmas) have been there for at least a few years - in fact this is the first place I ever saw one, having had the site pointed out to me by one of my postdocs.
When I was there large numbers of yellow-tufted HE were also present, more than I have seen anywhere in NSW.

Cheers, Andrew Cockburn
Hi Andrew

Thanks for that report of Origma in Bombaderry Creek Reserve.

Re the Yellow-tufted HEs, I was looking for Orchids (with a close-up lens on my camera), instead of binoculars, so I missed confirming the suspected Yellow-tufted HEs. Thanks for the tip. I am confident that's what they would have been, now that you have reported they have been previously recorded there.
They were present in good numbers, calling loudly.

It is a lovely spot, we worth a visit if you are in the district.