canberrabirds

Glossy Black Cockatoos

To: "Steve Holliday" <>, <>
Subject: Glossy Black Cockatoos
From: "Peter Ormay" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:51:05 +1100
Hi Steve,
Robyn Jewell and I visited the dam you described below, arriving there about 1815h and settled under a large Yellow Box to the south of the dam.  We heard Glossies at about 1835h behind us to the SW. 5 arrived at 1845h followed by another 5 within a minute and landed in aYellow Box in front of us. They waited there for quite a while before they went down to drink at 1852h presenting us with excellent views of the red in their tails as they wheeled and spilled the air from their wings descending to the dam. A lifer for Robyn.

Thanks for the excellent instructions Steve for locating the dam.
Cheers
Peter Ormay