canberrabirds

Grey Butcherbirds [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Subject: Grey Butcherbirds [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: martin butterfield <>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:14:18 +1100
The Grey Butcherbirds are being very vocal around Carwoola at present.  I don't know why this is - perhaps they're complaining about the extreme dryness of the area.

While we usually have a large number of Noisy Miners in the upper (about 40m higher altitude) parts of our property they have only been itinerants in my GBS site: typically, flying into a tree; staying there making a ruckus for a few minutes; and then moving on.  However when they appear it is often in a flock of 20+ birds (which is bigger than the groups usually seen up top.

Martin