canberrabirds

migrating birds newcastle Stockton Bridge

To: "'Canberrabirds List'" <>
Subject: migrating birds newcastle Stockton Bridge
From: "Nick Payne" <>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:48:02 +1100
I've certainly noticed a lot more YTBCs in the suburbs over the past week or
two than I would normally expect. I've seen and heard them several mornings
running while cycling up through Red Hill to Mugga Way, I've heard them over
our offices at Weston half a dozen times in that period, and when I was
cycling home on Monday there was a flock of about two dozen in Curtin near
the intersection of Cotter Rd and McCulloch St.

I wondered at the time I saw the two dozen whether they had come into the
suburbs because of smoke from bushfires.

Nick