canberrabirds

Little Lorikeets at Acacia Inlet

To: martin butterfield <>
Subject: Little Lorikeets at Acacia Inlet
From: Lindell <>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:14:16 +1100
Just back now from wandering around Acacia Inlet Park and yes we too observed at least 3 of the Little Lorikeets in the trees between the toilet block and the lake, the RWB's were menacing them somewhat and they disappeared across the road towards the Yarramundi Reach side of the lake.
Thanks for the tip too Dan - a first for me on this one.

On another subject -
This morning when passing the entrance to the Narrabundah Pitch'nPutt we heard then saw much commotion above the driveway. Stopped to see a raptor carrying what appeared to a small rabbit in its talons, closly accompanied by a second raptor and harrased by numerous smaller birds. By the time I got the camera going and was out of the car it flew back to the trees to the left of the driveway. the 2nd attachment is what it was without its prey (must have dropped it over Capitol GC).
Then circling high above all this were 2 more raptors. I thought that they might have all been Peregrine Falcons but on closer examination of the photos on the PC, the last two looked more like the Australian Hobby. Can anyone one confirm the ID of these for me please.
Thanks
Lindell