canberrabirds

a blitz update

To: <>
Subject: a blitz update
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:09:53 +1100

COG’S BIRD BLITZ THIS WEEKEND!

Just a reminder to all COGites who have signed up for the blitz that it is on, rain hail or shine, this weekend, 25-26 October. We’ve got the ACT pretty well covered, if everyone is able to do their bit, though some habitats and some key reserves still do not have “takers”. Those of you who have gallantly offered to be moppers up of unclaimed sites or grid cells – or those of you who have not yet committed to a site – have any or all of the following to consider:

  • Queanbeyan Sewage Ponds
  • Oaks Estate
  • Harman
  • Fairbairn Pines
  • Smiths Rd to Angle Crossing, Williamsdale
  • EVERY grassland reserve – Jerrabomberra; Crace; Gungaderra; Mulangarri
  • Mt Pleasant NR
  • Mt Mugga Mugga NR
  • Rob Roy NR
  • McQuoids Hill NR
  • Urambi Hills NR
  • Corin Rd, Corin Dam from Square Rock [if the road has been reopened in time]
  • Yerrabi Track in Namadgi NP

If at all possible, do let me know [ or 6254 6520] if you can survey any of the above sites. I’ll post a final “what’s left” notice on Friday, so that we don’t waste resources unnecessarily with several people doing less demanding sites.

Remember, if you can’t commit to a listed survey but can squeeze in a 20-minute, two-hectare survey of  your local area or park, even that will help. Or an incidental record of a breeding event or a raptor seen passing. Every contribution welcomed! All forms are available on the website or from the organizer.

And safe, happy and rewarding blitzing, everyone!

Barbara Allan