canberrabirds

Odd Obs

To: Tobias Hayashi <>, <>
Subject: Odd Obs
From: m d <>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 22:02:12 +1000

Have encountered the hybrid Crimson/Eastern rosella myself about two years ago while living at 'Arawang' property on the southern end of Cooleman Ridge.  I have a photo....somewhere....it used to come and feed regularly.

Painted Button-quail also seen a few times sunning at the edge of the tracks in the early morning.  Also Brown quail often heard calling before the fires...not so much since.  Have even seen a (collared) cat hunting quail and it's chicks in past years while walking through the house paddock.  Needless to say I sent him/her home quick smart!  (my subliminal message to all cat owners).
Meg

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:43:03 +1000
Subject: [canberrabirds] Odd Obs

Hi all,
This morning, while looking for the Painted Button-Quail at Cooleman Ridge (it didnt show, but there were plenty of platelets), I came across a White-throated Gerygone, my first of the season.
At school (Weston), I came across a hybrid Crimson/Eastern Rosella. I reckon these have got to be one of the most beautiful birds.
Also at school, a Caper White (the butterfly, not the bird).

Cheers
Tobias

Sell your car for just $40 at CarPoint.com.au It's simple!