canberrabirds

Regent Hyr still at Cooleman Ridge NR

To: <>
Subject: Regent Hyr still at Cooleman Ridge NR
From: "Steve Holliday" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:16:59 +1000

The Regent was seen by quite a few people between 6.15 and 7.30 this morning, in the same area described by Dan. It flew in and out at least 5 times, perching and calling in dead branches in the tops of trees near the flowering ironbark, but only hanging around for a short time before flying off, sometimes heading into the suburbs, sometimes into the nature reserve. As we were leaving it flew over our heads towards the suburbs.

As far as I can gather no-one has been seeing it in the afternoon since Tobias first found it. is this correct?

Steve