canberrabirds

REGENT HONEYEATER at Cooleman Ridge NR

To: <>
Subject: REGENT HONEYEATER at Cooleman Ridge NR
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:35:28 +1000

Definitely.  Tobias only needs one more significant discovery to be on the list of the Ten Great Canberra Birdfinders Since the Stanhope Accession, a list maintained by me, I might mention.

Moreover, I understand he does most of this by pedalpower.  Martin, one of Carwoola’s more accomplished pedallers, might just keep up, and also Alastair on his primrose Vespa, but I expect to be well back in the peloton along with Suzanne Edgar on her Iris Murdoch Special.

Watching active gatherings of wattlebirds and friarbirds is one way of getting onto the now very infrequent transiting Regent.  As to the voice, its mimicry of the Red Wattlebird is now well-known, partly due to Philip’s contributions, which are acknowledged in HANZAB.