canberrabirds

Hybrid Rosella & Magpie Longevity [SEC=PERSONAL]

Subject: Hybrid Rosella & Magpie Longevity [SEC=PERSONAL]
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:11:57 +1000
1.  A hybrid crimson / eastern rosella has been hanging about my place in
Emu Ridge, Belconnen for the past few months.  Formerly it was accompanied
by a bird with standard juvenile crimson rosella plumage, but I haven't
seen this bird for a while.  The hybrid bird looks like an eastern rosella
but it has a lot of red underneath.  The cheeks are pale blue like the
Queensland pale-headed rosella.  Voice is same as crimson rosella (when it
provides back up vocals to my electric guitar playing!).

2.  For the past eleven years the same pair of magpies has occupied the
same territory in the vicinity of my place.  Is anybody interested in
magpie longevity?  I am relocating interstate in a few weeks but it would
be interesting to monitor these birds to see how long they remain there.  I
will certainly be checking on them if I come back to this part of the
world.

Cheers

Peter Holbery

Important Notice: If you have received this email by mistake, please advise the
sender and delete the message and attachments immediately.  This email,
and/or copyright information.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.  DIAC respects your privacy and has obligations under
the Privacy Act 1988.  The official departmental privacy policy can be viewed
on the department's website at www.immi.gov.au. See: