canberrabirds

Binoculars

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Binoculars
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 18:12:25 +1000
Several weeks ago there was discussion about binoculars on the chat line which included favourable mention of an optics shop in Civic. Can someone remind me of the name of it? I need new binoculars again, the lighter and more "automatic" the better as I'm obliged to use them one-handed. I prefer 8x40s. Have a pair of tiny 8x20s but the light-gathering capacity is poor and, if used for a while seem to impart eye strain. Still, I will not let this setback bring down the curtains on my birdwatching. Like them good ole birders down Dixieland way say, " where there's a Whip-poor-will there's a way!"

John Layton