canberrabirds

Winter Lower Sullivans Creek survey

To: <>
Subject: Winter Lower Sullivans Creek survey
From: "Chris Davey" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:54:12 +1000

Dear COG

I am writing to let you know that the Lower Sullivans Creek Catchment
Autumn Bird Survey will be taking place on
Saturday 26th July 2008, 8am
- 11am, followed by breakfast until 12 noon. This event forms part of a
longitudinal survey cycle, monitoring bird populations in the catchment
over each season every 5 years. It was a pleasure working with COG
members at the last Autumn Bird Survey (2008), and as such we are
writing again to see if there are any COG members interested in
volunteering again for the Winter Survey. The survey will run on a
similar format to last time, whereby we pair experienced birdwatchers
with novice birdwatchers in order to make this event not only one of
data collection for monitoring of bird populations over time, but also
community education (and possibility gain new COG members). I would be
grateful if you could forward this email on to your members. We'd like
to get about 30 COG volunteers if possible, and like last time, there's
a FREE BREAKFAST to say thanks for all your help.

Important information about the event and how to register to participate
is available at: http://www.anu.edu.au/anugreen/index.php?pid=612

Please RSVP to to attend by Monday 21st July.
Cheers

Clare Lawlor