canberrabirds

[Fwd: ANU Winter Bird Survey Sat 26th July - seeking volunteers]

Subject: [Fwd: ANU Winter Bird Survey Sat 26th July - seeking volunteers]
From: "Canberra Ornithologists Group Inc." <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:23:04 +1000 (EST)
×?|~Ë­­ª}óÝvãMöó]5ïO4Ó

Dear COG

I am writing to let you know that the Lower Sullivans Creek Catchment Autumn Bird Survey will be taking place on Saturday 26th July 2008, 8am – 11am, followed by breakfast until 12 noon. This event forms part of a longitudinal survey cycle, monitoring bird populations in the catchment over each season every 5 years. It was a pleasure working with COG members at the last Autumn Bird Survey (2008), and as such we are writing again to see if there are any COG members interested in volunteering again for the Winter Survey. The survey will run on a similar format to last time, whereby we pair experienced birdwatchers with novice birdwatchers in order to make this event not only one of data collection for monitoring of bird populations over time, but also community education (and possibility gain new COG members). I would be grateful if you could forward this email on to your members. We’d like to get about 30 COG volunteers if possible, and like last time, there’s a FREE BREAKFAST to say thanks for all your help.

Important information about the event and how to register to participate is available at: http://www.anu.edu.au/anugreen/index.php?pid=612

Please RSVP to to attend by Monday 21st July.

Cheers

Clare Lawlor

Environment Officer

Energy and Sustainability Office - ANUgreen

Facilities and Services Division

Building #45 Sullivan's Creek Road

Australian National University

Acton ACT 0200