canberrabirds

Crested Pigeons at it again, plus Re: Australian Magpie building nest -

Subject: Crested Pigeons at it again, plus Re: Australian Magpie building nest - an early season?
From: "Paul T." <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:53:10 +1000
Howdy All

I think our Crested Pigeons have started another breeding cycle, bringing to 5 their breedings (and use of the one nest). We didn't actually see the youngsters when they left this time, but the birds look to be sitting again now, whereas a couple of weeks ago they were much more active. Either they were predated on by something, or else the babies left the nest and they've started the next clutch.

That's 5 uses of the same nest (so far), all within a 12 month period. Jsut recording this for posterity, and the archives for those who may be interested.