canberrabirds

Major Mitchell Cockatoo at Yarralumla

Subject: Major Mitchell Cockatoo at Yarralumla
From: "Paul T." <>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 16:18:02 +1000
Howdy All,

Can't recall if it's been mentioned recently, but I saw a (the?) Major Mitchell Cockatoo at Yarralumla Nursery this morning, around 11am or so. I was attracted by the call as I exited the Heritage Nursery. It sounded a bit like a Corella but not quite right. I watched it fly over, in a string with a half dozen Sulphur Cresteds. I'd read about it, but hadn't seen it before. Clearly very pink underwing, and totally unmistakable for either a Corella or a SC.

Thought it might be of interest as I don't think it has been mentioned on the list in a while (or if it was then I missed it!).

Cheers.

Paul T.
Higgins, ACT