canberrabirds

RE: Glossy blacks at Burrewarra [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Whitworth, Benjamin - BRS" <>, "Des Clark-Walker" <>
Subject: RE: Glossy blacks at Burrewarra [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "McLaughlin, Duncan MR" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:50:42 +1100
UNCLASSIFIED

Wow - thanks Benj.

I think you are right - we just don't know what they are doing.

The old farmers on my road reckon they have been passing through our area forever (well at least since the 1950s). They also reckon they generally pass westward late winter and eastward in Autumn.

But then again, when you quiz them on other bird matters, I am not sure you can consider these farmers that reliable a source. Also considering the rare occurrence of these visits.

cheers
Dunc