canberrabirds

The Next Generation - little Little Eagle

To: <>
Subject: The Next Generation - little Little Eagle
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:20:22 +1100
I saw the FSP Little Eagle offspring (the subject of Geoffrey's photograph) a day or two before it fledged - on the Sunday.  It was then still nest-bound but once an hour or so would do it's pre-flight exercises which (due to the absence of suitable adjacent branches in pines) consisted of 'flying' around the rim of the nest.

There's a somewhat messy animation showing this interesting behaviour here...

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2075499718&size=o

Warning!  Nearly 5MB, so dial-uppers have a cup of tea or read an improving novel instead.

Julian