canberrabirds

Re: More on Frog Calls

To: <>
Subject: Re: More on Frog Calls
From: "Steve Holliday" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:49:41 +1100
These sites are both excellent resources, as Denis suggests - another one is the CD 'Frog calls of ACT & se NSW' which should be available at the ANBG bookshop. This has all Canberra species first, followed by NSW ones.

As to the id of Benj's mystery call, hard to know for sure but it doesn't sound like any of our local frogs, and could be from an insect (or something else entirely!). Bleating Tree Frog is unlikely - it is not recorded from the ACT as far as I know. Still it has an interesting call, well worth a listen, you might hear one next time you are down the coast.

cheers

Steve