canberrabirds

penultimate blitz update

To: <>
Subject: penultimate blitz update
From: "Barbara Allan" <>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:38:59 +1100

As of today, I have received 291 datasheets from COG’s bird blitz on 27-28 Oct, from 76 named participants and many more unnamed ones. We managed very good grid cell coverage this year – 132 to date, thanks in particular to a number of good Samaritans who elected to mop up unloved grid cells (largely unloved for good reason – the bird returns were fairly ordinary). 161 bird species were recorded, with 84 species breeding. Thanks to all participants who helped make this year’s blitz a great success, and better than the two previous years’ blitzes on all parameters. There are still, by my reckoning, a few participants who have not as yet returned their datasheets. Please mail them to COG, PO Box 301, Civic Square 2608 as soon as possible - the cut-off date is the end of the month. And it would be a pity for your hard work to go to waste. I shall be providing a preliminary report for the next Gang-gang and a full article for a future CBN. Cheers, Barbara