canberrabirds

bee eaters, dollarbird, wwt, rsonglark,fan tailed cuckoo, BOP.

To: <>
Subject: bee eaters, dollarbird, wwt, rsonglark,fan tailed cuckoo, BOP.
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:23:14 +1100
Alternatively, park at the end of Cannan Crescent, Macgregor; go through the
gate, turn right and then left through another gate, and follow the unsealed
track to the old sewage works.  The kingfishers and the Equestrian Trail are
over the next paddock, but the whole of this area can be good.  When Joe called
this area an "exotic little secret corner", I don't know whether he meant
exotic in the sense of full of weeds, but that is exactly what it is!  There is
very little native vegetation, which makes it all the more surprising that it
is attractive to species like Diamond Firetails, Hooded Robins, White-fronted
Chats, etc., and perhaps less surprising that it is scheduled for development -
not that the ACT Government would care either way ;)

Regards
Frank