canberrabirds

Painted Snipe at Kelly's Swamp

To: "Malcolm Fyfe" <>
Subject: Painted Snipe at Kelly's Swamp
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 15:23:26 +1000
Wow. Well how about that. Malcolm Fyfe and others, such as me, have been going there about 3 or 4 times a year for the last few years, as part of the national threatened bird survey to search for them, with nil success. I have only seen this species on two days of my life (December 1972 & June 2003).

Here is hoping that a week after appearing there it (or one of its friends) copies the White-fronted Honeyeater and comes and stays at my house for 8 weeks.