canberrabirds

FW: [canberrabirds] early morning bird call

To: <>
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] early morning bird call
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:40:56 +1000

Re the below, I spoke to Tony at the parrot talk at NLA today.  He was the voice editor for that entry in HANZAB.  It seems that little more has been published, or indeed is known, about the territorial song of the Pied Currawong.   Incidentally the form of citation eg ‘(T. Howard)’, unreferenced, under the HANZAB convention indicates an unpublished personal observation.

On the parrot talk, I am not sure whether it was cheering or depressing to learn that there are probably a lot more extant Night Parrots than Golden-shouldered Parrots.