canberrabirds

Re: The Big Tickers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

To: "Kamprad" <>
Subject: Re: The Big Tickers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 09:40:21 +1000

This is terrible. My reputation is taking a pounding. I cannot perceive the magnitude of the carbon footprint I would have accumulated to date if I had indeed required myself to see the 800 species. I was merely alluding to ticking lists. Thanks for your tip off I have now notionally ticked the 801st item on the list ... it was Common Name.
I really wouldn't have a clue how many Aust species I have personally encountered. For me it is great just to see a bird again each time or on first acquaintance. That's just me, I respect that others differ.

cheers
Richard

"Kamprad" <>

21/08/2007 06:52 PM

<>
cc
<>
Subject
The Big Tickers

Richard have you really seen 800 Australian Birds? There are only 801 birds on the list. If so I am amazed and feel a Grammy award is in order. What about our other super tickers? I know there is a lot of talent and knowledge out there but I am still amazed. The missing bird is not by chance a Grey Falcon?
Julienne