canberrabirds

Bird Watching on the Tour de France

To: <>
Subject: Bird Watching on the Tour de France
From: "Clifton" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 15:56:45 +1000
Hi all,
         The Tour was progressing through the Pyrennes on the Spanish border last night.  The magnificent scenery was picked up by the camera crew in the chopper and while doing this, they spotted a Pyrennian Condor and gave viewers excellent views from above as it soared above the valley.

A little later Phil Liggett ( the bloke with the recognisable voice) identified a Red Kite that was circling over a 12th or 13th century chalet/church/building.  Again excellent views from above.

That's all, I'm off to pack my bags for the Pyrenees.  I wish.

Graeme Clifton