canberrabirds

[Fwd: Friends of Mt Majura events: Invitation]

Subject: [Fwd: Friends of Mt Majura events: Invitation]
From: "Canberra Ornithologists Group Inc." <>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 07:36:03 +1000 (EST)
ÓNz~Ë­­ª}ÓÝ<ßN·ïM¶çNôÓ

good evening everyone

Friends of Mt Majura (FOMM) will celebrate World Environment Day 2007 with a "Walk Talk and Tea on Mt Majura"
Sunday 3 June, 1.00-3.30pm
meeting point at Helms Place off Rivett Street in Hackett
The walk will feature FoMM projects such as the rehabilitation of a former sheep camp and participants will learn about the processes involved in the work.

Coming up:
Beth Mitchell: Biodiversity in our Backyard: Suburban Stewardship for a Sustainable City
This Wednesday 23 May, 7.30pm
Blue Gum School Friends Lounge, Hackett shops
The event is organized by Friends of Mt Majura and Sustainable Hackett, an initiative of the Hackett Community Association.

We would like to invite members of the wider community, Park- and LandCare and Conservation groups to come along.

Please find attached the announcement of both events.
I would be grateful if you can distribute the announcement through your network.
For more information please visit FoMM's website at www.majura.org.

Many thanks

Waltraud Pix
Friends of Mt Majura co-ordinator