canberrabirds

Maltese Spring Hunting

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Maltese Spring Hunting
From: "Peter Cowper" <>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 08:24:18 +1000
The shooting of birds as a national past-time is not restricted to the Mediterranean countries. I have recently been in Kuwait and will be returning in a few weeks, but during my first stay I went birding several times and saw ample evidence of shooting being a very common recreational activity. I was not aware of there being a declared season for shooting in Kuwait and am not sure it would make much of a difference to the majority of shooters

I have a few pics on Flickr with accompanying notes and map references for anybody interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cowper/466275248/