canberrabirds

Weebill

To: <>
Subject: Weebill
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:09:12 +1000
There have been large numbers of Weebills around my house in the last week also. However I would not say that is outside of the usual range for this time of year. They are also in mixed species flocks with other thornbills and also Silvereyes. Michael rightly comments on the GBS report. To which I would say, these describe long term trends. Obviously it is within the realms of any set of statistics to have outliers at each end. So what Michael, Rod and I mention here, are some of the higher numbers. However it is the trends and broader patterns which are the important bit. Which is why it is important that these data have been compiled and made available.