canberrabirds

Swift Parrots in Kambah

To: "Scallywags" <>, <>
Subject: Swift Parrots in Kambah
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:54:20 +1000
Wow that is amazing. Boddington Circuit in Kambah, directly opposite the intersection with Bateman is only about 50 metres outside my GBS Site (and just over the fence from COG Treasurer's house). As soon as I got this message at about 3.50 I went to look. Of course they weren't there. I think that, apart from in other people's photos, Swift Parrots don't actually exist. It is over 35 years since I have looked at one, although I have had a small number of quick views since. Matthew saw me looking and came out to show me where they were and the direction they had gone to (along Bateman Street towards Learmonth Drive). Matthew said there were four that flew off.