canberrabirds

Warks Road Antechinus

To: "Alastair Smith" <>
Subject: Warks Road Antechinus
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:10:09 +1100

Alastair,

I have a book at home which may help you. It is probably out of date but
still relevant for lack of any more recent works.
It contains in a table structure all the mammal, bird, reptile and
amphibian species found in the ACT , their abundance status, and what
vegetation communities they are found in.
I think its called something like 'Ecological Surveys of the ACT' and came
with a large format colour map of the ACT's vegetation communities'
distribution.

I will take a look tonight and email you tomorrow with all the info
regarding Antechinus.

Cheers
Marnix

             "Alastair Smith"
             <
             l.com.au>                                                  To
                                          "'Philip Veerman'"
             19/02/2007 08:19             <>
                                          "Canberrabirds"
                                          <
                                          .au>
                                                                   Subject
                                          RE: [canberrabirds] Warks Road
                                          Antechinus

                                                            Classification
                                          |-------------------|
                                          | [X] Unclassified  |
                                          | [ ] In Confidence |
                                          |-------------------|

Philip,
I omitted the fact that it appeared to be a similar size (as well as
colour) to the White-browed Treecreeper (160-175mm) would indicate that it
was a largish species of antechinus (my initial reaction was that is was
another white-brow climbing down the stump). As such, this which would
probably rule out Agile (80-116mm) and point to yellow-footed (90-160mm) or
dusky (90-185mm). I presume both species a re found in the ACT but
interesting I cannot find a list of mammal species for the ACT (nor
birds/retiles for that matter) under the Environment ACT website.

Many thanks to all those who have replied on and offline – we’ll nail this
identification yet.
Cheers
Alastair