canberrabirds

Warks Road Antechinus

To: "'Philip Veerman'" <>
Subject: Warks Road Antechinus
From: "Alastair Smith" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:19:42 +1100

Philip,

I omitted the fact that it appeared to be a similar size (as well as colour) to the White-browed Treecreeper (160-175mm) would indicate that it was a largish species of antechinus (my initial reaction was that is was another white-brow climbing down the stump). As such, this which would probably rule out Agile (80-116mm) and point to yellow-footed (90-160mm) or dusky (90-185mm). I presume both species a re found in the ACT but interesting I cannot find a list of mammal species for the ACT (nor birds/retiles for that matter) under the Environment ACT website.

Many thanks to all those who have replied on and offline – we’ll nail this identification yet.

Cheers

Alastair