canberrabirds

Breeding Hobbys?

To: <>
Subject: Breeding Hobbys?
From: Julian Robinson <>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 12:12:07 +1100
I finally captured two of Nick's Hobbys at Callum Brae together the other day, and believe at least one of them is a juvenile.  The one on the left has definite rufous feather margins while the right-hand bird's wing feathers are more like my guide's description of an adult.  Both are very brown rufous all over so a bit confusing.  Undertail looks like immature in both birds acc to Pizzey Knight. Any opinions?  Would this count as a successful breeding record given Nick's recent history of "birds around nest" 100m from from this photo?

[]