canberrabirds

Mulligans - Black H/eaters, Little Lorikeets, Superb Parrots

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Mulligans - Black H/eaters, Little Lorikeets, Superb Parrots
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:10:19 +1100 (EST)
Re Little Lorikeets, Alastair Smith, Nick Talbot & I probably saw the same
6 birds heading west around 7.15pm.  They were followed a few minutes
later by another 35 birds.
Re Superbs, I passed the Big Dam around 7.45pm and there were in excess of
20 birds gathering there.  I had assumed they were planning to roost
there, but perhaps they moved on.  I saw a Little Friarbird on my way to
the Big Dam from the eastern area - photos obtained but only silhouette
due to failing light.
Re Black Honeyeaters, a male and a female were present in Milburn's
Painted HE tree (sans Painted HE) for much of an hour or so that the area
was staked out by a group of twitchers from about 5.30pm onwards.
Regards
Frank