canberrabirds

Crakes: any biologists out there?

To: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Subject: Crakes: any biologists out there?
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:20:31 +1100
Hello Geoffrey,

I'd suggest you are very likely correct. As in it is a very good hypothesis. Hard to prove of course. Not in the logical sense, just would take a lot of work to find the answers. I'd only add the comment that the situation that these birds are adapted to, has its origins devoid of "cats, foxes, motor vehicles". No doubt raptors (nocturnal and diurnal) fulfilled that risk role. However I'm a little lost at the relevance to your comment of the "any biologists out there?" You know there are. How many cog list people have honours zoology degrees or PhDs, I'm sure there are several other than me. However whatever the figure is, that doesn't impact on the likely reasonableness of your suggestion.