canberrabirds

Superb Parrots not at Holt Oval

To: "Canberrabirds" <>
Subject: Superb Parrots not at Holt Oval
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 19:06:08 +1100
I go past Holt Oval once or twice most days but have not seen Superb Parrots there since 21 November. Nonetheless, I'm impressed with the ever-burgeoning flock of Crested Pigeons.

At 7 pm yesterday, I stopped by and did a few counts of the Crested Pigeons which varied between thirty-two and thirty-eight. Trouble was, the prurient, pileated piges would not stay put. There was much scuttling hither and thither together with chest-puffing and tale-fanning. Perhaps they were doing a bit of courting preparatory to forthcoming rain, then start nest-building. Maybe the piges have arcane ways of proving El Nino doomsayers wrong. I hope so.

John Layton