canberrabirds

Superb parrots

To: <>
Subject: Superb parrots
From: "Geoffrey Dabb" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 17:25:28 +1100

Is that the reason why they remove them?  I have noticed some urban reserves being clean-swept of ornamental shrubs and trees, including natives in the sense of Australian species.  If this is an effort to reduce seed-reservoirs of less-desired species it seems to be effort poorly directed.  On government land around Canberra there are dense pockets of blackberry, privet, hawthorn etc that seem to be no-go zones so far as the yellow-jacket crews are concerned.