canberrabirds

CBN Index

To: "Barbara Allan" <>, <>
Subject: CBN Index
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 14:07:19 +1000
Well the first line of this message from Barbara is nice to know. Having an index is important or even essential if the journal is to be taken seriously. On the net is of limited value. Will it be printed? If not, why not? I have been wondering when someone else would mention this. What years and volumes will it cover? Am I missing one or was the last one issued for V17 to 20, 1992 to 1995)? So ten years ago. CBN had up till then a tradition of issuing in print an index at the end of each four years. When I was CBN editor, I had the index for the four years within the period that I edited, published and issued within a month of the last issue included. Kay Hahne did the bird species citations, in those days using a stack of cards in a box and I arranged the typing from these cards and a few others and I did the other parts of the index (as shown on the back page). With new technology it would seem that the process should be easier since then.